I-Limb® quantum is the new standard for myo-electric prosthetic hands. The i-limb® quantum is the only upper limb prosthesis that can change grips with a simple gesture. Gesture control enables an automated grip to be accessed by moving the i-limb® quantum in one of four directions - it really is that simple.
Features at a glance
- Five independently articulating digits with individual stall out ability
- 4 methods of control for ultimate freedom – Gesture, App, Muscle, Proximity
- Faster – With our Speed Boost Feature, digit speed can be increased by up to 30%
- Stronger – 30% more power when required
- Extended battery life – 50% longer battery charge
- Electronically rotating thumb automatically switches between lateral and oppositional grip patterns
- Select from up to 36 different grips available, both pre-programmed and customised
- vari-grip mode allows variable digit-by-digit grip strength
- auto-grasp feature to prevent objects from slipping
- Industry unique Touch Care package offers unparalleled warranty support for up to 5 years.
- biosim™ and my i-limb™ Software
- NEW: Titanium strengthened digits increase the maximumcarry load by 50% - available in Small/Medium/Large
Enables an automated grip to be accessed by moving the i-limb™ quantum in one of four directions.
Mobile app control is driven by our quick grips™ technology which provides instant access to 24 pre-programmed and 12 custom grip patterns, allowing huge versatility and flexibility in customising the hand for a variety of daily activities. Quick grips™ are accessible with a number of mobile devices, including the Apple Watch.
For the advanced user, triggers are specific muscle signals that are used to instruct an i-limb™ to activate a specific grip.
Proximity control - grip chips™
are small Bluetooth® enabled devices that allow users to enter any available grips simply by moving their i-limb™ device close to an object where a grip chip is placed.
To see all 4 methods of control in daily use, watch this video:
There are 24 pre-programmed grips with the i-limb™ quantum.
With the i-limb™ quantum, my grips™ allows users to customise up to 12 new grips that are specific to their individual lifestyle.
While the i-limb™ is extremely durable and crafted from the highest quality materials available, it is necessary to protect it from dirt, dust and moisture by wearing a specially made covering. At Touch Bionics, we understand that your i-limb™ hand is a very important aspect of your life and with this in mind, we have created coverings that are just as individual as our users are.
i-limb™ skin active
Many of our users love to show off the robotic look of their new prosthesis and choose to wear an i-limb™ skin active covering. These coverings are designed for simplicity and ease of use. They are made of a thin layer of semi-transparent, clear or black material that has been computer-modelled to accurately wrap around every contour of the hand.
i-limb™ skin active TS
Recently we introduced the i-limb™ skin active TS which is compatible with all touch screen devices by having a conductive tip on the index finger. Both i-limb™ skin active and active TS coverings come with a special slip coating on the inside and back for ease of taking them on and off the hand.
i-limb™ skin contours
These new coverings are made from a flexible silicone with added durability. Anatomically shaped to resemble a natural hand, they are available in colours Clear, Light & Tan.
i-limb™ skin natural
These lifelike silicone coverings are for those who want a more natural cosmetic appearance and are available in 18 different shades to reflect a broad variety of skin tones.
i-limb™ skin match
These hand-painted silicone coverings are designed to blend in seamlessly with a users lifestyle by being remarkably lifelike. Fully customised, exact colour and skin tone appearance are captured using our i-Pad based Colour Capture System which is then downloaded to our artists painting studio in Newburgh, New York.
Touch Bionics' i-limbTM devices are approved for use with a variety of terminal devices such as wrists, elbows, or arm systems offered by other upper limb manufacturers. A complete list is noted below:
- ProWrist Electric Wrist Rotator (Motion Control, Inc.)
- Motion Control U3+ and U3 Arm System
- Motion Control Hybrid Arm System
- Electric Wrist Rotator & MyoRotronic (Ottobock)
- Boston Digital Arm System (Liberating Technologies, Inc.)
- ErgoArm Hybrid Plus (Ottobock)
- Dynamic Elbow (Ottobock)